Are you someone who likes to do the work yourself? Interested in DIY lawn care? You have the knowledge, skills, and tools at your disposal to grow a beautiful, healthy lawn. Here are ten tips to do your lawn care. Follow along and use our guide as a checklist.
1) Rake Leaves – Rake up any and all leaves that fall on your property.
2) Pull Weeds – Make sure you pull any weeds that grow on your property from root to stem.
3) Remove Debris – Anything obstructing your grass is a problem to remove all synthetic and organic material from your lawn.
4) Test Soil pH Levels – Get soil samples tested to find out the pH levels of your soil. For more acidity, add iron. For less acidity, add lime.
5) Aerate – Using an aerating tool, perforate your grass with small holes to allow air, water, and nutrients to make their way to grassroots.
6) Fertilize – Apply fertilizer to your grass to help nourish your grass with nutrients.
7) Apply a Top Seed – Add a thin layer of high-grade seed to help your grass grow better and to address uneven terrain and bare spots.
8) Sharpen Blades – Cut your grass easily and efficiently with sharpened blades, allowing for a clean, precise cut that yields lush, green growth.
9) Cut Grass – Cut grass between 2 and 2.5” during the summer and from 1 to 1.5” during other seasons.
10) Water Grass – Water grass every four to five days with 1” of water in the summer and once a week during other seasons.